Friday, July 29, 2011

The Origin of Thunder

When I was about 10 weeks pregnant I got a text from a girlfriend, who was in a car with our husbands and two other friends, that said something like "It's been decided that your baby's name should be Thunder Colt Fielder".  My response was "Is that a unisex name?"  I mean, what girl wouldn't want to be called Thunder?  

Six weeks later we found out we are having a boy.  Turns out, once you know the sex of your baby everyone wants to know if you have a name picked out and if so, what is it, oh and by the way this is what I think you should name him.  After only 16 weeks we hadn't settled on a name so we started calling him Thunder.  People would ask if it was because I had a lot of gas, and I would chuckle and say "No my husband just has awesome friends".  

At 23 weeks this sweet little baby has filled the roll quite well, bouncing all around making my bladder want to rain hourly.  And while Chicago has set a record this July for rainfall and power outages after all of the storms I can't help but smile now when I hear thunder.  I can't fathom putting Thunder on his birth certificate and I promised my mom I wouldn't but we do love his adopted nickname.  As for his real name, you'll have to wait until around Thanksgiving.  Until then, the Thunder rolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment